Team Design Journal: ITERATE + TEST 2

To recap, last week we tested our lo-fidelity 1.0 prototype. This prototype was used to test only the content of our design journal with two user groups Рthose with high familiarity with DFA and those with low familiarity with DFA.

This is a snapshot of what lo-fi 1.0 looks like:

Feedback on lo-fi 1.0: Our team consistently heard from both test groups that our text was too abstract and used a lot of inaccessible language.

Resulting action: We went through our content and looked at the words that our test users said they had no context for — if we could scrap the word and replace it with a more accessible word or phrase, we did; if we couldn’t scrap the word, we put it in a glossary.


 

We then took our iterated content and packaged it into layout.

This is a snapshot of what mid-fidelity 1.0 looks like (same piece as earlier, plus iterations):


We iterated one more time, just focusing on layout.

This is a snapshot of what mid-fidelity 2.0 looks like (still the same piece, more iterations):

 


We then presented our mid-fidelilty 2.0 at “Journals and Java”, a Rice University showcase for student-run publications (!!!). We used the showcase as an opportunity to test with low-familiarity users, and got useful feedback.

Here’s our team minus one, showcasing the DFA Design Journal:

Feedback on mid-fi 2.0: It looks really beautiful, and the content is engaging. However, it’s hard to read for some readers, and doesn’t print too well. Our team has accomplished a good level of content accessibility, but in our next iterations will have to work on visual accessibility. Additionally, more images/graphics would greatly help in conveying what DFA does.

 

(To be updated with 2 remaining rounds of iterations).

 

 

 

Print Friendly, PDF & Email