It’s been a fantastic semester working together as a team, with the wider studio, and with the Rice community.
As we reached the end of the semester, we realized that from our testing we could not definitively say we had a prototype that improved on existing solutions.
However, we realized we did have two things:
- Information about a variety of stakeholders working in the space of access of menstrual products, who were not all informed of the projects of the others, and not working in a coordinated manner.
- A wealth of data and user insights from our three rounds of surveying, as well as in person interviews and testing.
We decided the best thing we could do to synthesize all of this information was to create a report, “The State of Menstrual Product Access at Rice University.” We hope this report will serve to get stakeholders on the same page, as well pass along our information to those with the power to do something about it. We’re currently in the process of finalizing this report, and plan to launch it in January.
One key insight that we hope our report brings into focus for our stakeholders is the existence of what we have called the “hidden user,” those who need a long term solution for access to menstrual products.
Our final review presentation can be found here: